story so far:
Two times we were quite rudely awakened when the plane fell into violent turmoil:
order at about 03:00 German time clock directly at the border and Central Africa / Congo (not an ideal place to make an emergency landing), and later on Angola.
've Fortunately I brought nothing to read, otherwise it might still be "Homo Faber" was .. ;-)
Otherwise you lose during the 12 hour flight slowly but surely jedweges sense of time.
turned out at sunrise, the landscape below me already African: red earth, miles of dead straight road to nowhere ..
Arrived in Johannesburg (next to Cairo, the largest city in Africa), I had to beat me by a crazy chaotic airport.
course was just saved me the random customs inspection is not completely what I not exactly amused .. )
all the more delighted me that I am an airport employee in light yellow Vest immediately and directly at the escalator intercepted ("You want to Cape Town?"), In my suitcase and seized me by the dozens across piloted chaotic placed switches. Mumbles What the? Flight left 20 minutes earlier than planned, so the time is already scarce? EyEyEy, what happiness that he was called as the ready ... So I a good boy after dachshunds.
now did I notice: here scurry around several of them, dozens! Coincidence? Probably not more .. and yes, the front of me who also had a mule .. AND: he then paid for his "services". Sigh Most likely a well-known tourist scam. And now I know her well ..
Danach musste ich noch über eine Stunde auf meinen Weiterflug nach Kapstadt warten.. na gut, ich war wohl zu blauäugig...
Beim Landeanflug nach Kapstadt gab der Flieger statt einer Tafelberg-Aussicht die nicht enden wollenden Wellblechhütten und Trampelpfade preis, die sich in dem Township da unter mir fast bis zum Horizont ausbreiten. SCHOCK !
Vom Flughafen wurde ich durch eine Afrikanische Sekretärin abgeholt und erfuhr, dass Sie mich nicht in mein Appartement sondern gleich mit Sack und Pack direkt zur Baustelle fährt. Als fünftes Rad am Wagen saß ich dort dann auch erst mal auf laid indefinitely. And everyone answered the same question most important to me: "Internet for your home? Ohhhhh, very difficult, we have almost no Internet. Insanely expensive here in South Africa, we always skype after working in the office. "
So without internet I would really not be here six months locked down .. :-( Not even a single day to be exact ...
counter closing time I had the nerve to attend meeting that took place in the center of the stadium instead. The scale is enormous, really impressive since the middle to stand in it ... But I see currently no possibility I enjoy all these impressions to somehow ... Actually, I want to go back since the first moment only, now more than ever ...
At half past seven I was talking to a colleague then into the conscience, I still drink on the way home even faster in the supermarket a little something to eat and buy to let (something I need, after all, the evening / morning, about how it is because else go?)
The house is .. ok. Reminds me somewhat of a backyard home in New York. Sir Francis Executive Suites in High Level Road 34, who'd like to see. But beware: The images on the site are more than adorning:
Tatsächlich kleben an den Wänden überall erschlagene Kakerlaken und die Einrichtung ist sehr spartanisch (nicht mal Vorhänge in der Küche, die Nachbarn werden wohl morgens „Hallo“ winken). Eine Pfanne gibt´s auch nich und der Kühlschrank steht unter Wasser, aber dafür gibt’s ne Mikrowelle, dass is schon mal viel wert.
Die Tür und die Fenster sind eher ein Witz, die drückt allein der Wind schon bald ein... Sicherheit garantiert da wohl eher nur die Chipkarten gesicherte Eingangstüre zum Wohnblock und der Stacheldraht außenrum. Dennoch: komisches Gefühl wenn man dann im Bett liegt und das Treppenhauslicht durch die großen Schlitze seitlich am Türrahmen hereinscheinen sees. Moreover, it is incredibly light of hearing.
The "pool" is more than a plunge pool and the "lounge" dusty, off and probably explains to death.
Today I was first in the safety briefing and I must say: The site is run really mad tight! There's something for every conceivable stupidity operating procedures to prevent accidents. But almost all the workers speak only Xhosa, Afrikaans or other of the 13 (?) National languages, which is why almost every sentence of Supervisors translated by an African woman was.
lunch I went to the doctor for examination and work this evening I'll be walking from my apartment down to the port in the Victoria Wharf, a better delivery Mall at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. Here you feel like a vacation club hotel, everything is designed for tourists. There are countless restaurants, bars, even an amphitheater in which singers, school groups and what do I know who all still occur.
there but then I got my internet purchasing, we'll see how expensive it will ultimately be. I had to buy me a logical way the USB dongle for over a hundred euros, and starter pack of a mobile phone provider for just 10 Rand. Then I can in different Graduations Pre-Paid Now (limited time period to 30 days) tickets for a limited traffic, in my case I have for example 250 MB. The costs then again about 12 €. Let's see how long I get there with the 250 MB 30 days .. I do not fear .. :-(
So, what can I say about the country so far
It just confuses me completely by his many contradictions: One last look
souped-up Mercedes, Audi RS 8 and VW Gulf with chrome wheels run. On the other hand, the poor in some tattered clothes on the highway, young people are apathetic on the street and poke with a stick in the asphalt. The Architektur ist.. weiß nicht recht.. amerikanisch und holländisch eben. Die Inneneinrichtung „geschmacklos“ (soweit ich’s beurteilen kann).
Ständig hört man Leute Deutsch sprechen.. sind das alles Touristen oder leben die hier? Im Gegensatz dazu reden die Farbigen fast nur Xhosa mit lauter Schnalzlauten.. ich gehe stark davon aus, dass die kein englisch sprechender Südafrikaner versteht.
Die Kollegen scheinen keinen Schritt aus dem Haus zu machen und immer nur mit dem Auto zu fahren.. Nun bin ich dennoch einfach zu Fuß zur Waterfront... war ich lebensmüde ? Oder übertreiben alle, schließlich sehe ich Nachts auf dem Heimweg unzählige aufgetakelte Frauen wie selbstverständlich alleine umherlaufen (Farbige sowie Weiße).. wenn die sich frei bewegen, dann kann man doch davon ausgehen, dass die Gegend sicher ist (?!) Um meine Kamera mach ich mir dennoch große Sorgen, das gute Stück will ich mir AUF KEINEN FALL stehlen lassen.
Und mittendrin Luxusvillen umrahmt mit Stachel- und Elektrodrahtzäunen und gut sichtbaren sinngemäßen Tafeln: „bewaffnete Nachbarschaftshilfe.. Dieses Haus besitzt Security-Service“.
Natürlich wusste ich eigentlich von all dem und konnte mich somit auch drauf einstellen.. eigentlich.
Aber ich bin einfach zu verwirrt von diesen „selbstverständlichen“ Europäischen Elementen und den gar so fremden Afrikanischen. Ob ich da reinpasse.. (?)
Liebe Grüße
0 comments:
Post a Comment