Sooooooo, it is again: here comes the "New" from South Africa!
On Wednesday, 10.06.2009 (jaaaaaaaaa, alright .. we already have .. July * gg * I just had no time again to write this quickly here ...) there were only 365 days until World Cup opening game, which on 11 available June 2010 at Soccer City Stadium in Johannesburg is. At this time, the stadium is reportedly 72% complete.
I do not know which of you at home watched the Confederations Cup, but the South African Team fought really well! For example, lost Bafana Bafana, as the national team down here is always called, in a very exciting game with virtually the last minute 0-1 against Brazil! This caused for first ever football euphoria and enthusiasm the people here ..
And then you also paid on Thursday, its president, Jacob Zuma, a visit to our stadium and praised from the (few) present construction workers for their work:
you write history and makes an important contribution to your country [..! . we] have shown the world that South Africans are very special people. As soon as we see opportunities, we always occur immediately in action. Bla bla bla ..
I must say my interest was rather low and I have not heard the speech live. As you may remember I have my views against this man done already known .. ;)
Like me the others who have their speech heard reported, he praised as I said all the workers joked that he would if necessary, arbitration judge ourselves to keep the Cup on African soil, and Mike Marsden, the city safety officer, promised to Cape Town so far as safe as any large European city will make to ... seeeeeeeeehr aim high, if you ask me.
Well, this state visit caused quite definitely nice sensation. Riessen a VIP area on the Green was the former golf course set up and he took the whole lunch lame Construction ..
meant for us: closing time at 13:00 clock already!
And for you, I finally had time and long overdue items to the Kruger Park went online .. ;-)
At the end of Mr Zuma then kicked a football into the crowd, almost a symbolic push for the last 365 days ... and the last 28%
;-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment