Monday, May 4, 2009

Zen Furniture On A Budget

The Last Days

Comes the Sun to rule out first Here, fortunately, now still summer T-shirt temperatures.

is unfortunately the only every morning fog .. a faithful companion (
annoys What particularly.
From my home you can hear the Nebelhorn in port so loud that I like this night is already a few times was awakened And sleep with the continuously every 3 seconds whistling noise again have to do is terrible! !
Why is there actually radar on board? ;-)

other hand, conjures up the fog, especially here in Cape Town often downright natural wonders ... So many times we had at the stadium best weather While the high-rise buildings (80 meters towards the Atlantic) were not obscure.







Recently I was in the evening "summer" weather at the Waterfront . The sun was setting, all shone brightly in a romantic sunset acting as suddenly took this penetrating fog horn is serving.
I looked towards the port and saw ... I will almost say, a scene made for a horror movie:
a few hundred yards from the harbor wall rolled a 20 meter high "fog-See " on Cape Town. It was the fog completely localized : This wall began only a few hundred meters behind the quay wall and the glowing red mountains on the other side were crystal clear bay.
in just the moment when I looked, appeared at a time (from one moment to the next), a small fishing boat and dug his way out of this white soup.
I suppose he was glad finally to the port within reach to be able to see before you ... ;)

Spooky ...




On Wednesday (22.04.2009) we had free, which gave me a really cool evening:

One of my colleagues lived for 3 years here in South Africa and has a hotel in Paarl , a range of wine country about 1 hour's drive from Cape Town.
As the hotel was empty, he invited us to be a "braai", as the barbecue is called here in South Africa.
We were amazed not bad about his shack chic:

a really lovely furnished and beautifully located property ... To
the evening can also enjoy " really " we were even allowed to stay in the bungalows.
Conclusion: a really cool "guys' night "!










On the way home we passed a number of polling stations: the parliamentary and regional elections were.
The remarkable thing: the queues at the polling booths were sometimes several hundred meters long! Something I've really been seen before non!
a previously developed item on the outcome of elections, I will publish here in time again.

weekend I want to somehow escape the fog and drove together in the mit'm Andy Botanical Garden Kirstenbosch after and in the vineyards Constantia .
idiotic way, most wineries on Sunday, so we only the famous Groot Constantia saw from the inside ..


There are already really very beautiful property, only .. well ... with Africa does all this have to do, of course, absolutely nothing.

but ok, that one had expected, after all, not really ...

And yesterday we were in Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope ..















Explanation: Cape Poin t is essentially a spit of land several hundred meters above sea level. The more famous
Cape of Good Hope located about a mile north on the west coast. Only when the sailors have made it this far they could feel safe again slowly, hence the name .. :) Or something like that anyway.

And then there are also Cape Agulhas that really southernmost headland of South Africa.
This again about 150 km south-east of Cape Point .

On the way back we were still at a very very short trip in Simon's Town , a place with a penguin breeding station directly on the beach ...

No wonder that all the waters are shark-infested total known if the food still grow ... * Ggg *


So, and then I was also recently for the first time at the top of the stadium roof! And the players changing rooms inside the stadium I have ever also searched and found .. :)

Otherwise, I am currently very busy for my visit, I will soon welcome hot here to find accommodation and to plan my trip to the Kruger Park ... If the
even close so I imagine it will be here soon right now very, very many and very, very cool photos published ... ;)
Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment